COVID-19 has undoubtedly changed our way of life and caused us all to reflect on what “normal” looks like as we move forward. Even before COVID-19, newborn photographers like myself needed to be very mindful and proactive to keep our studios clean, sanitized, and safe. With brand new immune systems, newborns and babies need protected from things that we all are “used” to such as the flu, common colds, RSV, Norovirus, Rotavirus, etc.
My top priority has been and will continue to be the health and safety of families who come here. I will also continue to actively take the following extra measures to ensure that we all are staying as healthy and safe as possible.
- I am fully vaccinated for COVID as well as flu and TDap. My husband and daughter are as well.
- If anyone in your household within 10-14 days of your scheduled session is ill and or exhibiting symptoms such as but not limited to a fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, congestion, etc. due to but not limited to common cold, flu, COVID-19, etc. your session will need to be rescheduled.
- I, along with my family, have always and will continue to do our own wellness check as well. If myself or anyone in my household exhibits symptoms or becomes ill within 10-14 days of your scheduled session, I will contact you to reschedule your session.
- Anyone arriving to the studio exhibiting symptoms or is visibly ill will be an automatic cancellation of the session and rescheduling will be at Amanda Estep Photography’s discretion.
- Our 1500sqft open concept studio has numerous 6ft x 5ft windows. During summer months, select windows are kept open to allow for fresh air flow through out the session. During colder months, and weather permitting, the windows are opened after sessions to air out the studio.
- All surfaces within the studio are wiped down with a disinfectant cleaner and wipe. Some are also disinfected with a disinfectant aerosol spray. Surfaces include but are not limited to coffee table, leather sectional couch, door handles, snack bar, fridge, microwave, tv, etc.
- Bathroom is completely disinfected and thoroughly cleaned including toilet, changing table, sink, etc.
- Studio floor is swept and mopped frequently with a disinfecting cleaner.
- All props and hard surfaces that are used for the session are wiped clean with a disinfectant and, if safe to do so, sprayed with a disinfectant aersol.
- All fabrics, blankets, outfits, wraps, etc. are washed after every session.
- Delicate items such as knits, delicate fabrics, and headbands are either hand washed or UV sterilized.
- Hand sanitizer is available and accessible in many areas of the studio.
- Shoes are asked to be taken off and left at the door when you arrive at the studio.
- I will not be wearing shoes during the session.
- I will wash my hands before starting your session and will be using hand sanitizer.
- Even prior to COVID, I wore a mask during newborn sessions. I will continue to do so for newborns. Milestone and cake smash sessions will be on a case by case basis and the family’s preference.
- Milestone sessions and cake smash sessions: pre-COVID I found that parents participating in their little one’s session was incredibly helpful. It proved to be very helpful during this past year as well. During this session, parents will help to keep their little one in place as well as helping with poses so that I can maintain a hands off approach as much as possible.
- As of 6/2/21: all mask mandates for the state of Ohio, Madison County, and the city of London have been lifted and social distancing and gathering requirements. Masks are not required to be worn in the studio, but they are appreciated. This policy is subject to change if local, state, or federal mandates/laws are activated again.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you all for your continued support and doing your part too to keep us all healthy and safe!